starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift 240kg PR

Default Deadlift 240kg PR

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJMVIBqx8mM

Not really expecting a typical form check, as I know PRs and singles aren't ideal for that, but any general feedback would be welcome. I get that some form breakdown is ok during a PR, but I'd appreciate a few extra sets of better qualified (and less biased!) eyes to double check that my form breakdown isn't too horrendous.

Main stuff I see is: bar rolls forward a little, my thoracic gets way rounded, hips rise early. Low back is the main concern. I'm thinking I lose extension a bit while the bar is bending a touch, but once the plates are off the floor I think I'm maintaining what extension I've got.

Overall, I got the lift (missed the same weight last week at the knees) and still have all my vertebrae, so I'm happy on that front. I'd definitely like to thank Rip and all the SS coaches that have helped me in the past without whom I'd be lucky to pull 140kg with the same dodgy form.

Looks like a heavy single. You certainly didn't fall apart. Your setup is textbook. Some of the variation in the hips and knees you see is from the shaking associated with that level of effort on the pull. I would save. Enter a meet. Pull your 1 RM out on the platform where you get credit for it. That's what I say. Nice work, otherwise.

Strong pull. What're you in for?

It's cool that they let you use the Internet in jail.

Looked like a hard rep. I wouldn't say it's dangerous. I agree with Tom: sign up for a meet.

Quote Originally Posted by mrflibble View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJMVIBqx8mM

Not really expecting a typical form check, as I know PRs and singles aren't ideal for that, but any general feedback would be welcome. I get that some form breakdown is ok during a PR, but I'd appreciate a few extra sets of better qualified (and less biased!) eyes to double check that my form breakdown isn't too horrendous.

Main stuff I see is: bar rolls forward a little, my thoracic gets way rounded, hips rise early. Low back is the main concern. I'm thinking I lose extension a bit while the bar is bending a touch, but once the plates are off the floor I think I'm maintaining what extension I've got.

Overall, I got the lift (missed the same weight last week at the knees) and still have all my vertebrae, so I'm happy on that front. I'd definitely like to thank Rip and all the SS coaches that have helped me in the past without whom I'd be lucky to pull 140kg with the same dodgy form.
    Why are you required to deadlift in a cage?

I sense a theme emerging in the comments.

Well I know deadlifts are dangerous but I think people might be taking it the wrong way.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, awesome to see I'm on the right track. Don't know why but I'm actually finding the prison jokes funny. Almost lost half my quest bar though, thanks Carlos!

Never really considered a meet before, but I suppose I should. I'm definitely a one trick pony: deads would easily be more than half my total. Could be an interesting experience. Woah, just realised it's been a long time since I've even pulled in a gym!

starting strength coach development program
    You should compete. It is enjoyable and good for your training.