starting strength gym

Thread: 'You know, there's dumb shit, really dumb shit, and then there's stuff like this'

Default 'You know, there's dumb shit, really dumb shit, and then there's stuff like this'

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    First comment in the erm... comments section says it all, but there's a couple of us spreading the word.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...mment-51005536

Jeez Skel, this stuff is all too commonplace in the US. I pass no less than 5 crossfit boutiques in my 10 mile commute to work, and live 3/4 of a mile from a ramp and set of stairs set into a 30' bluff overlooking the Pacific used by bootcamp trainers on a regular basis.

the author of that is a rather pathetic fellow, isn't he?

In a bizarre juxtaposition the same strip mall I pass by on my way to work has a Crossfit gym next to a Planet Fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by I_iz_a_fatass View Post
    In a bizarre juxtaposition the same strip mall I pass by on my way to work has a Crossfit gym next to a Planet Fitness.

Oh that is funny! Hopefully at some point the Planet Fitness people will poke their head into the Cross Fit place.

[QUOTE=Mark E. Hurling;1100291 . . . 5 crossfit boutiques . . . [/QUOTE]

"boutique" . . . ha ha ha . . . .I'm gonna steel this one

starting strength coach development program
    It really fits too. In spite of their predilication for calling themselves boxes, all but one of these places is a typical small storefront operation with small dimensions and low ceilings. One has some groooovy 60's psychedelic green and yellow design on the front, another is classic SoCal stucco in the latest Tuscan ochre on the outside. So you see the fashion in play here.

The employee fitness center where I work was clearly influenced by crossfit. You can see it in the ceiling design, the TRX bondage devices hanging from the rafters, and WOD's on the chalk board every day. But then on the other hand, it has two power racks with platforms and some Intek bumper plates. Thank God, because it has just enough to get 500 lbs. on one bar. Otherwise it would be a resort to the (argh!) hex plates. I don't care about those for many lifts, but anything I pull, I'll be damned if I'll use them.