starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hold out for a Best?

Default Hold out for a Best?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    So I'm going to buy a belt in the near future. I want a Best belt. But since they are not taking orders currently im thinking of other options.

The Inzer forever belt is my other choice.

has anybody had both? Should I hold out?

Best belts are great, and made by good people, but the inzer belt will be just as good.

I have one that I'd be interested in selling... a royal-blue "Athlete" model with something like a 32-42" fit range. It's a great belt, I just bought it before I realized that I never intend to wear a belt while lifting again.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    ????? why not? have you ever had an injury?
    I've been injured without a belt, and I've been injured by a belt. Both types healed just fine. I am fairly confident that I'll see my fair share of minor injuries as I continue to lift, and I am fairly confident that I've learned enough to train my way to a complete recovery from all of them.

Not looking to start an argument, but I personally don't buy the "belt makes your abs work harder" argument, and I feel that lifting without a belt makes me stronger than the same lifting would if I wore the belt.

Merkin, there are a lot of really good belts out there. I've recently learned Cody is a bit of an expert. There's a thread about the General Leathercraft belts that's been pretty active over the last few weeks, and aside from GL and Best, you've got several very good options, Cardillo, Bob's, Inzer, Titan, and maybe a few others.

I'm currently proudly using a 4" Best Belts athlete and a very nice 2.5" General Leathercraft 10mm for deadlifts. Very happy with both.

thanks for the input guys.

Im kinda leaning towards the Best because its not some faceless company im sending my money off to. I like the fact that this guy hand makes these belts. That means something to me.

But....when I have money in hand im going to have to make the purchase. The belt im using now helps but its not a "real belt". I will look into GLC as well.

I hope when im ready to make the purchase Best is taking orders again if not I will look into the other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkin Weaver View Post
    thanks for the input guys.

Im kinda leaning towards the Best because its not some faceless company im sending my money off to. I like the fact that this guy hand makes these belts. That means something to me.

But....when I have money in hand im going to have to make the purchase. The belt im using now helps but its not a "real belt". I will look into GLC as well.

I hope when im ready to make the purchase Best is taking orders again if not I will look into the other options.
    Matt at General Leathercraft is a real guy too. He's been posting on the boards lately and has answered a lot of our questions about belts generally, and his belts and process specifically. I had to contact him about my belt for a few reasons, and he responded personally, professionally, and promptly, and satisfied my every question and concern to my satisfaction and beyond.

Not saying you shouldn't wait for a Best. There are some things I like better about my Best Belt, but I'd liken them to buying one over another because the dashboard is made of nicer-feeling plastic. I went through this in detail in my review in the other thread, so I won't rehash it here, but if you have specific questions, feel free to PM me. I won't hesitate to recommend either a Best or GL belt, depending on exactly what your requirements are.

Well I just read through the GLC belt thread and its now a toss up between them and Best. Cool stuff.

After much pondering I think I'm going with the GLC belt. Price is right and quality reports are good. 4" 10mm single prong in rust me thinks.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkin Weaver View Post
    After much pondering I think I'm going with the GLC belt. Price is right and quality reports are good. 4" 10mm single prong in rust me thinks.
    Photos upon arrival please, sir. Rust is the best color. Looks great with chalk handprints. Makes the ladies go wild.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast