starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iron-Tanks Juggernaut Powerlifting Shoe

Default Iron-Tanks Juggernaut Powerlifting Shoe

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Anyone have any experience with, or opinions on, the Iron-Tanks Juggernaut shoes? At first glance the heel height looked pretty aggressive for a powerlifting shoe - but then I noticed the midsole goes all the way to the toes - unlike for e.g. my Adidas Power Perfect IIs where the midsole tapers out to nada just under the ball of the foot. So the Jug-head has a less wedgy heel (25mm raised heel with 14mm drop) - but raises the entire foot a little more. Suckfull for deadlifts but more happiness for low-bar squattage? Anyway - this is a real opportunity to accessorize my belt and knee sleeves - which feature gratuitous amounts of black & orange. And 2 straps for double the foot-bondage fun. And i will look slightly less like a fat golfer in shorts with no clubs if I wear shoes that aren't white. Wisdom me, peoples.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    Anyone have any experience with, or opinions on, the Iron-Tanks Juggernaut shoes? At first glance the heel height looked pretty aggressive for a powerlifting shoe - but then I noticed the midsole goes all the way to the toes - unlike for e.g. my Adidas Power Perfect IIs where the midsole tapers out to nada just under the ball of the foot. So the Jug-head has a less wedgy heel (25mm raised heel with 14mm drop) - but raises the entire foot a little more. Suckfull for deadlifts but more happiness for low-bar squattage? Anyway - this is a real opportunity to accessorize my belt and knee sleeves - which feature gratuitous amounts of black & orange. And 2 straps for double the foot-bondage fun. And i will look slightly less like a fat golfer in shorts with no clubs if I wear shoes that aren't white. Wisdom me, peoples.

I think Layne Norton wears them.

That's all I got.

Quote Originally Posted by gtl View Post
    I think Layne Norton wears them.
    That's all I got.
    Maybe he'll throw out a review at some point - to add to the wrist-wrap & belt reviews. I think I'll just stick with my dirty PP IIs till they fall apart.

Shame, I was interested to know too. These seemed reasonably priced and being here in Oz is attractive too. Been thinking my squat might benefit from a low heeled shoe rather than flats.

I may just buy a pair anyway, will let you know if I do....

Most of the Iron Tanks stuff I've seen is not great. The prongs on their lever belts don't even fit properly, they're too short.

That's a shame - puts me off a bit. Having not owned a pair of 'proper' lifting shoes before I'm not sure I could tell what's good or not anyway. Might let someone else be the guinea pig....

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    That's a shame - puts me off a bit. Having not owned a pair of 'proper' lifting shoes before I'm not sure I could tell what's good or not anyway. Might let someone else be the guinea pig....
    I didn't want to spend the money and got a cheap pair of shoes. Then I got a bit more into it, realised my shoes werent great so got a slightly better pair of shoes. Then realised they didn't last well and weren't really stable so bought a pair of romaleos, which is what I should have fucking done in the first place and not blown a couple of hundred dollars on "saving money" with cheaper shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    I didn't want to spend the money and got a cheap pair of shoes. Then I got a bit more into it, realised my shoes werent great so got a slightly better pair of shoes. Then realised they didn't last well and weren't really stable so bought a pair of romaleos, which is what I should have fucking done in the first place and not blown a couple of hundred dollars on "saving money" with cheaper shoes.
    What's the saying? "I'm too poor to buy cheap things"...

Seems appropriate here. I was gonna give these a go as my squat is getting up there and I feel like shoes would be of benefit. I think you might have just talked me into romaleos though

Quote Originally Posted by Coolidgee View Post
    What's the saying? "I'm too poor to buy cheap things"...

Seems appropriate here. I was gonna give these a go as my squat is getting up there and I feel like shoes would be of benefit. I think you might have just talked me into romaleos though
    Both the Nike and Adidas seem to fit like their running shoes. You can try those on anywhere, find your size and fit and go from there.

Eastbay often have sales, you can google bonus coupon codes, auspost have a cheaper package forwarding service.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    Yeah that does seem like sound advice. Just not sure if a heel will work for me or not and it's a fair amount of money to spend on an experiment.

At least I have owned a fair few pairs of Nikes so should have an idea of sizing I guess....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast