starting strength gym

Thread: Rogue Ohio Bar review

Default Rogue Ohio Bar review

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I visited Matt Reynolds for some in-person coaching last week (recommended!). While I was down there I set a new PR on my deadlift after a minor form tweak. I was struck by how comfortable and yet secure the knurling was. I use a hook grip on my DLs, and the bars at my gym have deep, sharp knurling which, while secure, is pretty painful. I didn't realize how much difference that made until I tried that bar. It felt like I could have done another 10 or 20 pounds, just because it didn't hurt, but also felt completely secure. I was so impressed that I wrote Matt back to ask him what bar that was, and he said it was the "Rogue Ohio Bar - not the power bar, just the regular Rogue Ohio bar. I love it".

So, if I ever am in a situation where I can have a separate bar for deadlifting, I know what it's gonna be......

If you live anywhere near Springfield, MO, and can pry Matt away from managing his online coaching business for a couple of hours, it's worth the trip. Excellent coach and a good guy, nice family.

I never thought there was all that much difference, only having tried various gym bars until now which either had cheese-grater or slick knurling, nothing close to optimum. I'm afraid I may have been spoiled for life. If there's better, I'm not sure I want to know about it. One can only yearn so much.

Ohio power in zinc may have the same as the Ohio bar. Bare steel is sharper. At least my bars. Buddy says his zinc is as sharp as my bare steel. So. Dunno