starting strength gym

Thread: Amber Crossmaxxe shoes

Default Amber Crossmaxxe shoes

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I tried the recommended search method and came up goose eggs. So I'll try here: anyone have an opinion on or experience with the Amber Crossmaxx v1.0 Olympic Weight Lifting shoe? The Pendlays are apparently not available in the most common sizes (8.5 thru about 12) as best as I can tell at this point. These Amber shoes get good reviews on Amazon, but not that many reviews. Thoughts?

ive never seen or heard of these before. every google search shows only 1 angle and not much info. still,the look like a wooden heel, with 2 straps, and cheap. i say go for it and report back

Just get some vs athletics. Same price and they're tried and true.

I'm selling a pair of VS in 10.5 and 7.5 that are hardly used if there is any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Just get some vs athletics. Same price and they're tried and true.
    I am a newbie, and was not aware of VS Athletics. They do get good, and many more, reviews. Maybe that's the way for me to go. Thanks everyone.

Update: it appears the heel is 1.3 inches. Sounds kind of high. THoughts?
    Last edited by Smyth; 01-06-2015 at 11:36 AM.

They are nice. The only reason I'm getting rid of mine is I found a pair of almost new used DoWins for 50 bux.

Sizing is funny and shipping is expensive. I got my real shoe size which worked well, but a lot of reviews talk about getting a half size off.

Have you looked on the Rogue site? They have quite a few options. I lifted in the Adidas Powerlift shoe for several years and thought they were fine. They had the 1/2 inch heel. I was able to get some Dowins while they were still around.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Have you looked on the Rogue site? They have quite a few options. I lifted in the Adidas Powerlift shoe for several years and thought they were fine. They had the 1/2 inch heel. I was able to get some Dowins while they were still around.
    The Rogue site also seems to be out the normal sizes. Did they just discontinue the Dowins?
    Last edited by Smyth; 01-06-2015 at 03:20 PM.