starting strength gym

Thread: What kind of hip tendonitis is this? I don't think it's ASIS tendonitis....

Default What kind of hip tendonitis is this? I don't think it's ASIS tendonitis....

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I read about the ASIS tendonitis one gets from having knees going too forward... The main thing with ASIS is that people tend to feel pain during squatting as they go into the hole...

I don't have that. It's a weird annoying tendonitis (on just one side) that I get only when I flex my leg or quad in a certain way etc... I think it is in my hip flexer or hip area but it's even hard to pinpoint where it's coming from....
    For example, i can feel it if i sit like this with one leg up (just the one that is bothering me) and move it from one side all the way to the other (like closing and opening my leg)... seems like its in the hip flexor

Doing squats aggravates it it... Anyone know what kind of tendonitis this is? When I stopped squatting for 5 months it was still there but very faint but now that I am starting to squat regularly it's coming back again.

Could it be ASIS? Or is ASIS only felt while you are squatting? I have no pain when squatting... Just feels "weird" when i flex my legs in certain directions etc... However, "leg swings" do seem to help it a lot and I did read of someone with Asis doing those; just standing and swinging the leg out to the side and back in... like those Jane Fonda exercises...

It also may be an adductor issue or groin issue.. it's a very strange tendonitis because I can't pinpoint exactly where its coming from

I did tons of mobility drills from Tnation and Kelly Slater from that WOdmobility site.. hip flexor stretches etc... it doesn't help
    Last edited by jnow; 04-27-2015 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jnow View Post
    it's a very strange tendonitis because I can't pinpoint exactly where its coming from
    Then how do you know it's tendonitis? Seems like all you can know is that you have pain. Foam rolling or lacrosse ball massage might help. Probably need to hit the entire front and sides of your leg to make sure you hit all possible sources of the trouble.

it's probably cancer.
    go pay a chiro or massouse to tell you it's cancer.

god i hope it's ass cancer.

I think it may be ANTERIOR FEMORAL GLIDE SYNDROME

I want to delete this thread..... thanks I think I know what it is and found the stretches to help it