starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scivation Xtend

Default Scivation Xtend

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Jordan,

Despite your recommendation I purchased bulk BCAA powder instead of Scivation Xtend. It may be the worst taste I have ever experienced. Right along that of bulk caffeine powder.

In the future I will be purchasing something a bit more palatable. I should have gone with Xtend.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Scalone View Post
    Jordan,

Despite your recommendation I purchased bulk BCAA powder instead of Scivation Xtend. It may be the worst taste I have ever experienced. Right along that of bulk caffeine powder.

In the future I will be purchasing something a bit more palatable. I should have gone with Xtend.
    My experience has been the same, unfortunately.

I made the same mistake, and that canister sat in the cabinet for a long time. I recently finished it off by mixing it 50/50 with Xtend. Not as good as Xtend by itself, but drinkable.

PSA. Should come from you Jordan. Caffeine can be lethal and looks like creatine or bcaas.
    Yeah?

I got a kilo of bulk BCAA powder from Powdercity. It's almost flavorless and dissolves really well. I have no problem gulping down a couple teaspoons in a glass of water.

Jordan,

Yea, it tastes like shit....but if you mix it with some lemonade powder it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcharles123 View Post
    PSA. Should come from you Jordan. Caffeine can be lethal and looks like creatine or bcaas.
    Yeah?
    Don't go >1g of caffeine a day, folks.

Do you mean not to exceed 1g/day caffeine for chronic use or that in general exceeding 1g in a day is inadvisable? I'd say I should really reign in my coffee habits, but I'm about to move to coffee-laden Seattle, so I'll be realistic and presume it's unlikely.

Don't often cross that 1g line, but it's not uncommon to be close and there are those days...

Jordan,

I actually purchase both. For my post-workout BCAA I mix one serving of Xtend and one serving of regular BCAA powder. I get 14g this way without "wasting" the Xtend, since it's more expensive.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Don't go >1g of caffeine a day, folks.
    I've been taking ~300mg pre-workout but have found it doesn't kick me in the ass like it used to. I'm thinking about upping it a little but am hesitant to over-do it. I only add it to my BCAAs right before my workout, and not on days off. Do you think I'd be fine to go to 400 or 500mg? It's half of the 1g max you said above, but I am still hesitant to take it up any further :-/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast