starting strength gym

Thread: The prowler

Default The prowler

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    My wife has caught the lifting bug, so, I've committed to show her the ropes on a proper barbell and not the few bits and pieces I've helped her with at home.

So, I'm going to be in the gym on a Saturday and, having read the section in 'barbell prescription' on conditioning, it occured to me that this might be a good time to get aquainted with the indoor prowler that they have.

I've read the section on SS on death by prowler and that seems awfully complicated. The example in BP is of 2 sessions, but I'm only doing one and, again it gets complex with sprints and rests.

Is there a simple one session 'get you started' kind of plan. Push back and forwards at a moderate pace loaded with X amount ? I want to get a feel for what I'm doing and not end up collapsed in a puking heap. That was fine when I was 40, but not at 57.

Google "death by prowler"

I mean "re-read" once you get past the technical stuff, the advice you seek is in there. You have to read it with your actual goals in mind though, which means you have to establish goals before you can design a program to achieve them.

Quote Originally Posted by OZ-USF-UFGator View Post
    I mean "re-read" once you get past the technical stuff, the advice you seek is in there. You have to read it with your actual goals in mind though, which means you have to establish goals before you can design a program to achieve them.
    I read it. I've listened to the SS podcast and have read the Barbell Prescription chapter.

My conclusion is that it's probably not the time to add to my intermediate routine just yet as it will likely detract from strength increase/recovery. I can add it later on. I walk every night and on the fells at week ends so it's not critical because I certainly do huff and puff on the ascents to the point I have to stop for a breather to allow my heart rate to fall.