• starting strength seminar december 2024
    Good morning

6'2" / 240 , 37 Years Old

SS Intermediate Novice Program

3X5 Squat = 325
    3X5 Bench = 240
    3X5 Press = 165
    1X5 Deadlift = 415
    **No Power Cleans because I can't figure them out from videos, can't get elbows pointed forward during the rack position**

My knees are sliding forward at the bottom and the bar is traveling forward of the mid-foot, occasionally during the descent and regularly during the ascent. Looking for input. First time I have video and actually had a "stranger" come over and try to "help" during the damn set. Sorry for that. Oddest shit I've ever experienced in the gym. Guess I looked like a train wreck to him.

Thanks for all you guys do.

https://vimeo.com/79892580

Shove your knees out more on the way down and make sure they stay out at the bottom and on the way up. Go grab a foam roller from the "functional training" side of your gym and set it up a couple of inches in front of your toe and squat without knocking it over. Also, if you think about pressing your toes into the floor as you descend and come up, it'll help you maintain a straight bar path.

Will do. Thanks, Nick.

De-Loaded to 245 and shot from better angle.

http://vimeo.com/79993960

That looks pretty good from that angle. How's the forward travel? Did it feel better? Your feet look like they're turned out too far. Bring your toes back in so they're in line with where your knees/femurs are tracking.

Have you tried the power snatch? There's a really good platform video on it here. Give it a shot.

Thanks again, Nick. These did feel better and I think the forward knee travel was eliminated and/or reduced. I will turn the toes in some and try that as well. Thanks again for all the help and info on the power snatch. I may give it a try. I have been one of the YNDTFP guys because of the clean. I just can't make it to the rack position with elbows forward. I may try the snatch. Thanks again!

starting strength coach development program
    Git er dun