starting strength gym

Thread: Tall guy squat follow up

Default Tall guy squat follow up

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I said I'd be back when I was doing 400lb volume days, and here I am. Now the stakes feel a lot higher and I want to get this right. I can't afford to hurt myself--I'm a farmer and I do not make money if I screw up my body.

I have front oblique videos of the later sets, but this one has the best focus. I know there is a one video rule, but I'll put up the other one as soon as I get it uploaded to YT and you may feel free to ignore it. This was yesterday, 4x5x400, first set.

Tom's feedback was very helpful last time and I would appreciate any comments you guys can give me.

Those look OK. The bar looks like it may be just a little bit low. When you post your side view, it may be easier to see. You're going too low, although it doesn't look like you're getting loose at the bottom. Cut your depth a bit to avoid that slight forward knee travel at the bottom. Have you tried the TUBOW? That may help quite a bit.

Thanks for the reply, Nick. Haven't tried the bit of wood yet, but I will if you still think something is off from this angle. Third set here:

http://youtu.be/Hhi2JDhKtjg

I think I was too deep on the first set and better on the later sets. Do you still see too much knee movement?

I think your depth issue will be fixed as well as the knee travel if you shove your knees out more. They're collapsing at the bottom and they need to stay out as you stand back up. You may have to think about pushing with the outside edge of your feet. If you can fix this, you'll feel a bounce at the proper depth.

Dawg Pound - representin'

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    I think your depth issue will be fixed as well as the knee travel if you shove your knees out more. They're collapsing at the bottom and they need to stay out as you stand back up. You may have to think about pushing with the outside edge of your feet. If you can fix this, you'll feel a bounce at the proper depth.
    I paused my recovery squats yesterday and reacquainted myself with what it feels like to get my knees fully out of the way. Is it ok if I post a video of tomorrow's intensity squats in this thread to get a second look?

@Browndog - Not actually a Browns fan, I just bought this half rack when they sold their old equipment this Spring. But I might as well root for the Browns, because I can't stand the Redskins.

starting strength coach development program
    Of course.