starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Starting Strength Series of Interviews: Marty Gallagher

Default The Starting Strength Series of Interviews: Marty Gallagher

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    http://startingstrength.com/index.ph...arty_gallagher

Marty has been around for the growth and development of powerlifting since before the sport had that name. He has forgotten more about powerlifting that you or I will ever have a chance to learn. Listen carefully, kiddos...

Don't have the faintest clue who 95% of the names mentioned were, but damned if I wasn't fixated for an hour whilst eating my 5lb of ribs.

This is a terrific installment in what has been an amazing series of interviews. My wife and I (neither of whom had any real connections to this history before discovering your program) just spent a good chunk of our Saturday morning enjoying this lesson on the personalities and significant moments of the last few generations in powerlifting. Fascinating stuff. You are doing a tremendous service to the preservation and dissemination of quality information regarding the culture and practice of lifting heavy things.

Thanks for sharing with us all what - before the Internet - would have only been in the purview of the lucky few around the lucky table.

Thanks for the interview. I happened to meet Marty not too long ago. Great guy and lots of fun to hang around with.

Riveting, and fascinating. Thanks.

Great so far! Mr. Gallagher is a hell of an interesting guy.

Great interview coach. I really enjoy the stuff posted here on the history of Powerlifting and Oly lifting. John Kuc and Big Jim Williams are from my area, Jim being from my hometown and Kuc about 20 mins from where I live. Both trained in the same YMCA weightroom I learned how to squat in. Its pretty cool seeing that two guys from nowhere PA were such big name lifters back in the day.

Great interview. Was fascinated to discover that one of my favourite singer's (the late Eve Cassidy) father was a powerlifter.

I'm enjoying the showcasing of Maryland/DC accents in the interviews as of late. Neat that this area was such a hub of strength sports

starting strength coach development program
    Yep. Got the MD accent alright. Looks kinda familiar. My dad might know him, actually. I would imagine at least, since he's been playing music for the past 30+ years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast