starting strength gym

Thread: Coming Back!

Default Coming Back!

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I have been out of commission for almost four months now due to some minor ligament tears in my elbow. I have been getting light therapy and icing it. My doc says to stay away from weights until I am symptm free but forget that! I am done with waiting and i HAVE to go back to strength training. I am like 90% healed and it only hurts a bit when I am in the overhead press rack position holding a heavy weight. I am going to start with the bar and add weight and do some assistance stuff for about three or four weeks and then restart SS. I do not care if im not 100%... Any opinions??

Be careful with ligament problems has they tend to heal very slow. If you re-injure you could be out for months. If you still have pain a week or two more of waiting is better then months.

its been like four months im going crazy this sucks... its only a minor tear but yeah im still aware of it a bit, idk i am going to start with the bar, i feel like it will take another month or so to feel sympton free so srew it i am going back to lifting if it hurts ill stop.