starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift check

Default Deadlift check

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Deadlifts 315x5 - YouTube

My kneecaps hurt for a few seconds after the set from the contact with the bar. I don't know if this is normal or not. It may have been from me dropping the weight too fast on the last rep. After looking at the video I realized that the bar is in the wrong place in my palms again and that I dropped my hips a little bit before the first rep again.
    I have my grip at 16.5" apart and I am pretty sure my feet are between 8"-12" apart. Is my back straight enough during the set?
    In a previous deadlift check in the technique section, I was told that I was looking up too high. Is that correct?
    Also, my arms are kind of short. Should that impact my stance at all?

Rear oblique is a tough angle for the deads. I cannot see where your shins or shoulders are with respect to the bar. Front oblique, mostly side, but enough to the front to get the plates out of the way is ideal. With all that said, you are holding your back in good extension. You are kicking the bar forward and dropping your hips before every rep besides number I cannot say for sure why that is happening from the angle you provided. What I can say is that your fifth rep was your best one. I cannot remember if you have lifting shoes, but if so, pull in them.

Here is 325x5 at the angle you requested:

Deadlift 325x5 - YouTube

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You are setting up with your shoulders a little to far in front of the bar. This results in your hips being too high to start. Note how your drop your but on each rep prior to the pull. That is not you trying to squat the bar off the ground. Instead, that is you dropping your but to where it needs to be. Think: rock back off the toes before you pull. Also make sure you are driving your knees out into your elbows.