starting strength gym

Thread: Where to train in Manhattan?

Default Where to train in Manhattan?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I am moving the West Village area and was wondering what my options for training are. I know Michael Wolf is at Solace but I was quoted a membership fee of $350/month, which is a bit steep.

Any other options?

I've checked out Chalk Gyms in Brookly ($100/month; 3 power racks; and chalk allowed), but it's a bit of a hike on the L. Would prefer something closer/on the mainland.

Also, apologies for posting this on the SS coaches sub-forum, but I realize now that this is probably a better sub-form for this inquiry.

isn't the mainland the part of america that isn't manhattan?

can't help with suggestions, but there was a thread on this a few years ago where someone listed all the black iron and crossfit iron gyms in new york - use the search function to find it

I know Wolf trains at Crossfit Solace, I think theres Crossfit New York too, might want to check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    isn't the mainland the part of america that isn't manhattan?
    It certainly feels that way. This place is such a bubble, replete with bubble-heads, and I fear I'll become a bubble boy in no time...sad times.

I did go through those threads and found some options.

For anyone looking at this in the future, the best option is New York Sports Club on Mercer Street. It has a basement area where you can use chalk and a couple bumper plates which enable you to load using the stupid hexagonal plates without intrusion.