starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check 85Kg

Default Squat form check 85Kg

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Coaches!

So after a deload because of a cold i had a couple of weeks back I am now back with a vengeance, and ready to get my gains that I lost due to the cold. However i seem to be doing a lot of things wrong now than I was before my deload.

Here is my squat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHQsc...ature=youtu.be

1st of the bat from what I can see from this terrible excuse for a squat...

* Am I bending my back at the bottom? I don't know what that is but I certainly wasn't doing it before the deload.
    * not reaching parallel. Do I need to get my knees more out?
    *Lack of hip drive? is there any moment where I actually use it in this set?

Thanks coaches, and I apologize for this poor excuse for a LBBS.

Depth is definitely lacking, but everything else looks pretty good from here. I cannot see your feet so I cannot talk about stance width and since it was filmed from a standing position, there are other things I cannot say. Read the sticky on videoing form checks for better results.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Depth is definitely lacking, but everything else looks pretty good from here. I cannot see your feet so I cannot talk about stance width and since it was filmed from a standing position, there are other things I cannot say. Read the sticky on videoing form checks for better results.
    Okay thanks coach. Do you recommend knees more out? how exactly do I reach depth as in my head I always think I am reaching it and then this video shows I am anything but. Any cues or anything to help with this?

A little more knees out probably won't hurt anything. There is no great secret to getting depth, however. You know that point where you feel like you are at the bottom? Don't stop there. Keep going lower. A box set to the appropriate height can be of assistance at times like these.