starting strength gym

View Poll Results: Do y'all do static stretches after working out to ensure maximum squatting ability?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Static stretchesafter working out

7 25.00%
  • I never do static stretchesq

15 53.57%
  • hammy doesn't deserve to get called a nigger

6 21.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: squatting

Default squatting

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    How many of y'all do static stretches after squatting to ensure maximum squatting effectiveness?

Please, stop saying y'all. You sound like a country girl.

Oh, and don't worry about anything until you actually get the book, and read it, and do the program for a month. This kind of shit sorts itself out. Squatting by itself is more than enough of a stretch.

Also, I did kind of laugh at that last poll option. But I'm not gonna vote for it. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by skipbeat View Post
    Please, stop saying y'all. You sound like a country girl.

Oh, and don't worry about anything until you actually get the book, and read it, and do the program for a month. This kind of shit sorts itself out. Squatting by itself is more than enough of a stretch.

Also, I did kind of laugh at that last poll option. But I'm not gonna vote for it. hahaha
    It was supposed to be funny.

Everyone at the fucking gym is bothering me cause I apparently don't know how to squat. Even IRL white people are giving me shit(save for the big black mofo that can only squat 2 plates cause he's 250 pounds).

You don't know how to squat. That's okay, just practice. While you're waiting for the book, search up some clips of the DVD on youtube. Just type in Mark Rippetoe and stuff will come up.

By the way, even when you squat correctly, people will tell you you squat wrong. Don't trust outside critiques, just do form checks here. But for the love of god don't do it anytime soon, correct the form and put some weight on the bar first. If you'll notice, nobody posts a form check before 2 plates, unless they're doing it completely wrong. At least 180lbs, but try for 2 plates.

You don't know how to squat. That's okay, just practice. While you're waiting for the book, search up some clips of the DVD on youtube. Just type in Mark Rippetoe and stuff will come up.

By the way, even when you squat correctly, people will tell you you squat wrong. Don't trust outside critiques, just do form checks here. But for the love of god don't do it anytime soon, correct the form and put some weight on the bar first. If you'll notice, nobody posts a form check before 2 plates, unless they're doing it completely wrong. At least 180lbs, but try for 2 plates.
    IIRC I was apparently doing it completely wrong. Kindly check my squat check thread.

I did. What the hell does IIRC stand for, I never figured that out?

I did. What the hell does IIRC stand for, I never figured that out?
    If I recalled correctly.

White people are funny like that. They simplify simple phrases and then they use big-ass words.

Like nigger -> nigga : originating from niggapotamus?

You make it too easy

Like nigger -> nigga : originating from niggapotamus?

You make it too easy
    More like cracker -> cracka : originating from crackalicious

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by hamworld05 View Post
    White people are funny like that. They simplify simple phrases and then they use big-ass words.
    Keep your racist shit in Ends and Pieces if you can't resist. Not in the training section.

And if you don't even know how to squat why bother asking if you should stretch afterwards. Stop asking questions until you've read the book. In the meantime just wait (and shut up)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast