starting strength gym

Thread: Do-wins

Default Do-wins

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Trying to determine which of these three models I want to buy: http://www.magshop.no/category.asp?c=48. The D and E models have a 1/4" higher heel than the G. The Mirunz I've never heard mention of anywhere. I guess the heel height difference is negligible as a novice?

Any advice?

Go with the G model. I don't read ...whatever that language is. But according to the pictures, the G looks like the solid choice. It will save you from having to get them custom tailored, which can be a real headache.

It's in Norwegian. =)

Think I'll go with the G one, as it's not as high (1/4" difference). I use size 41/42 in sneakers though, do you think 40 ( the largest still available size ) will suffice? I think the US equivalents are 8 and 8.5.
    Weightlifting shoes are supposed to be a tighter fit if I've understood correctly.

Here are some other shoes I have available:

Safe USA
    Pallini v2

I don't want to order from the US or Europe lest I have to return due to being too small or big a size..

Quote Originally Posted by abstractio View Post
    It's in Norwegian. =)

Think I'll go with the G one, as it's not as high (1/4" difference). I use size 41/42 in sneakers though, do you think 40 ( the largest still available size ) will suffice? I think the US equivalents are 8 and 8.5.
    Weightlifting shoes are supposed to be a tighter fit if I've understood correctly.
    My Do-Wins are size 43. They fit quite nicely for me. I use size 44 / 44,5 for Asics jogging shoes, just for comparison. 40 could be a bit too small for you, but not by much.

starting strength coach development program
    Jeg har hatt G-modellen i litt over et år nå og er veldig fornøyd. Størrelse 40 burde passe deg greit.

(I've been using the G-model for over a year now and is very satisfied. Size 40 should fit ok for you.)