starting strength gym

Thread: 95 kg deadlift check

Default 95 kg deadlift check

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I started the deadlift late in my SS program, but it has been catching up nicely adding 5 kg per workout. This is the first time that the bar was getting difficult to grip, so I am planning to try a mixed grip next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLJYQNKyx0

This is a tough angle to say much about deadlifts from. Please read the sticky on how to film these. I think your stance is a little wide. Notice how the first thing that happens is that your hips come up when you start the pull? This is because you are dropping your butt a little too much at the start.

Theres a mirror on the other side of the rack, so I moved in front of it to get a better video angle this time. I moved my feet together slightly. This is 100kg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceZtcTJ4jyM

2nd reply:

sorry if the video angle is poor again. In the sticky I see to film from a 90 degree angle. Is this for deadlifts as well? Most other video checks I see it filmed from the side.

I think what you were saying about the hips coming up at the start of the pull was evident in my latest video as well. It looks like my butt drops when I take my deep breath and squeeze. Is that right?

For the deadlift, a front oblique, with mostly a side view at about standing hip height is the best. The big problem with your pull is that you start with the bar well forward of your midfoot. Do the setup as laid out in the sticky exactly as written. Get an inch from the bar. Don't move the bar. See where that gets you.