starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inguinal hernia

Default inguinal hernia

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    very small one on my right side, doesn't give me pain, doctor said it's so small and surgery's complicated, best to watch and wait.

anybody lifting with one of these? advice/experience? much obliged!

1) Go to google.com.

2) Type this into the search box:
    site:startingstrength.com inguinal hernia

3) ????

4) PROFIT!!!

awesome, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by spar View Post
    1) Go to google.com.

2) Type this into the search box:
    site:startingstrength.com inguinal hernia

3) ????

4) PROFIT!!!
    I believe i had one of your oh so common "liquid: mouth->keyboard" moments

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Zahn View Post
    hey, didn't know i could find what i was looking for doing that. very glad to have found it though. hardy har har on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Zahn View Post
    Impossible. It is a widely known fact around here that I am humorless.

I'm age 53 and had a visible inguinal hernia on my right side and a minor one on my left. Went to a surgeon two years ago who told me I could keep lifting until the surgery. Somehow I never got around to scheduling the surgery and had a bulge that would pop in and out over the last two years. Anyway I kept right on lifting, squats, deadlifts, presses.and only felt some pain with pullups, otherwise just felt a little discomfort having that lump. Finally decided to schedule a mesh repair (laproscopic) as it kept getting larger, and had the surgery three weeks ago. (Once I scheduled the surgery I figured what the heck and set a 315lb pr on the deadlift, figuring the doc could patch anything up) Surgery went well, had it mid week and was back to work on Monday, my surgeon suggested a month before lifting, to make sure mesh was totally fused with my body - and I'm looking forward to getting back next week. My recommendation is to watch and wait, and schedule the surgery for a time of the year when you are least physically active. Don't wait as long as I did, when it gets really large it could make the surgery more complicated. When you do the surgery you should propably fix both sides, as its more of a congenital weakness, and if one side goes, you propably have a smaller hernia on the other side. Of course check all this with your doctor, this is just my personal opinion and experiences.

This thread is timely for me. I'm headed to the Doc on Monday (earliest appointment I could get) to get checked because I'm pretty sure I've got a hernia on my right side.

What's better than one hernia? Two...fuck. They're not too bad, Doc said somewhere between "industrial" and "stage 1" and set me up to see a surgeon this week to discuss repair options.

starting strength coach development program
    You're lucky mate. I got one side fixed, now its just a waiting game for the other side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast