starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does everyone here eat on a daily basis?

Default What does everyone here eat on a daily basis?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I'm sensing a stall coming soon on some of the lifts, so I decided to up my calories. I'm now getting 3500 calories a day. In order to do so, the bulk of my diet is meat (burgers, hot dogs, chicken thighs). I still get a lot of carbs and fat. Is this a normal diet, or is there a food source I'm missing?

I love grilled chicken thighs marinated in BBQ sauce with a side of steamed broccoli or brussels sprouts.

I regularly make meaty taco salads a.k.a bed of lettuce topped with a mound of ground beef, avocado, cheese and salsa. Healthy, delicious and filling.

My slow cooker shares the honour of kitchen MVP with my blender. I'll slow cook a 6 lb pork roast and crush it in 5 meals.

Big protein smoothies, usually with a random combination of: frozen fruit or berries, peanut butter, honey, maple syrup, protein powder, flax seed, milk, yogurt.

6-egg omelettes are a staple of my diet, but I do eat a lot of fish oil to lessen the cholesterol impact (3g EPA+DHA)

Adding olive oil to a protein shake is a good way to get a few extra good calories, I do this if I'm short on calories for the day.

Yep, that's a good overview of my regular diet.

Roughly ~90% of my caloric intake on rest days(4 per week) comes from meat. On lifting days it's probably ~25% meat, then a few protein shakes and some carbs like rice, sweet potatoes and some treats like ice cream or some pie.

I don't know whether or not you eat vegetables, but as long as you're getting plenty of veggies in, your diet looks pretty good.

No whole milk? You dont have to do a gallon a day but its a pretty easy way to add a few hundred calories of solid nutrients. Fills any holes your diet might be missing.

Default What does everyone here eat on a daily basis?

Add at least 4 eggs for breakfast and make a large protein shake with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of natural PB and one banana or instant oatmeal before bed. Also get rid of the hot dogs and make sure you are eating fruit and veggies too.

80/20 ground beef is a staple for me. So easy to make burgers and they can last 4 days or so. Also sausage is key.

Chicken breast, white rice, sriracha - staple PWO meal. I think I've had this almost every day after workouts for the past 2 months. Lol.

Also for PWO is some kind of tasty junk that my girlfriend bakes like rice krispie treats, cake, cinnamon buns, cookies, etc.

I've counted my calories a few times and it usually comes out to at least 3500. Lots of times my PWO stuff (backload) by itself has been around 2000 calories. But I train hard 6 days a week.

Pork is swell. Try eating fresh Italian sausages; Bratwurst is very good and meaty; spanish and mexican chorizos are flavorful. I rediscovered link breakfast sausages. (note: your supermarket butcher is a better bet than the commercially preparedd sausages like Johnsonville.)

Try cooking (I use a cast iron pan as a roasting pan) various pork roasts, loins and cuts. To make sure they stay tender I toothpick bacon to the top and let the bacon fat baster the roast. The more fat the better, generally. Also, a big "Easter ham" style ham is a nice treat. Ham works out cheaper by the pound.

Try cuban piccadillo, which is a ground beef dish, much more garlicky and savory than regular old "taco meat." I eat it instead of taco meat/regular ground beef. Cheap, fatty steak is really good if you use a lot of pepper and garlic.

Broil Beef ribs. I use garlic saltt and pepper only. Fuck sweet sauces.

Roast your own chickens and eat them whole.

Use lots of cocnut oil. Walmart sells it. It is tasteless and better than olive oil for sauteeing and frying.

Buy eggs by the 5 or 10 dozen boxes - they aren't a garnish!

Cheddar cheese. Parmesan cheese. Mozzarella cheese.

White mushrooms and broccoli are anti-estrogenic. Eat lots.

I eat liver every other day. I feel like it makes the weights a tad lighter.

To be honest buddy I eat almost whatever I can eat. If someone invites me something I eat it.

Nevertheless I try as hard as I can to eat good fod, principally

Egs
    Milk not GOMAD but about 3 litters a day.
    Protein powder
    Mass or weight gaining powder
    Chicken breast
    skirt steak
    Fish
    Whole grain bread
    Vegetables
    Yogurt

I also take some supplements from time to time: Vitamin E, magnesium, zinc for now ant that's it.

starting strength coach development program
    I just started SS but I am eating pretty much the following for around 3500 a day:
    Whole Milk (not GOMAD as I am a bit chunky, but it makes hitting calorie goals easier and I love me some milk)
    A LOT of eggs, bacon and sausage (I get about 2 pounds of breakfast food for free each day M-F. Not ideal for a chubbo, but this crap is free and my kid keeps me strapped).
    PB&J Sandwich on potato bread with a LOT of peanut butter. Sometimes this is a tuna sandwich instead.
    A few tablespoon of peanut Butter.
    A few apples, bananas and such.
    Almonds.
    Sweet potatoes or potatoes.
    Carrots and raw spinach.
    Dinner is usually fish or chicken with some veggies.
    If I am strapped for time I will grab a double cheeseburger to fill in some calories. I try to avoid the fast food as a general rule.

I take a multi-vitamin and fish oil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast