starting strength gym

Thread: C2 Rower for adjusting squat mechanics

Default C2 Rower for adjusting squat mechanics

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I've been using a Concept 2 rower for over 25yrs for rowing. Great product.

The last few years I've been stretching my hips and lower back by using the slide motion of the seat.

Lately, as I am always trying to work on my squat form, it occurs to me that the seat height puts me at perfect squat depth. I'm 5ft 9, and normal proportions.

While seated on the C2, I can try every possible foot angle and width for the bottom of the squat. Because your ass height and foot height are fixed (correct for me but foot plates or seat pads could be used for others) all other angles can be easily varied and tested. It also clearly shows how back angle changes the knee angle as well as accurately getting your knees out.

My question is, is this useful for teaching or tuning squat position? On the one hand, it is unloaded, on the other it is comfortable enough to do for a while.

In any case, it is easy enough for people to play around with. Thanks!

The problem is that the hips don't slide back relative to the feet, as in a squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcharles123 View Post
    I've been using a Concept 2 rower for over 25yrs for rowing. Great product.

The last few years I've been stretching my hips and lower back by using the slide motion of the seat.

Lately, as I am always trying to work on my squat form, it occurs to me that the seat height puts me at perfect squat depth. I'm 5ft 9, and normal proportions.

While seated on the C2, I can try every possible foot angle and width for the bottom of the squat. Because your ass height and foot height are fixed (correct for me but foot plates or seat pads could be used for others) all other angles can be easily varied and tested. It also clearly shows how back angle changes the knee angle as well as accurately getting your knees out.

My question is, is this useful for teaching or tuning squat position? On the one hand, it is unloaded, on the other it is comfortable enough to do for a while.

In any case, it is easy enough for people to play around with. Thanks!
    Just to clarify, you mean with your feet on the floor and not in the stirrups, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hannon View Post
    Just to clarify, you mean with your feet on the floor and not in the stirrups, correct?
    Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, turn off your Tapatalk sigs. Do it now.