starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rip's Shoes

Default Rip's Shoes

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025

So far every link online directs me to Rogue Fitness, but they're out of stock. I looked in the Products section of this site, but they're not available. Anyone have a direction to point me in to find them?

This is the only place that sells them. They are amazingly hard to keep in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDead View Post

So far every link online directs me to Rogue Fitness, but they're out of stock. I looked in the Products section of this site, but they're not available. Anyone have a direction to point me in to find them?
    Look daily on Rogues site. They are a good company with great customer service and the shoes are worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is the only place that sells them. They are amazingly hard to keep in stock.
    Why are they hard to keep in stock? Does the demand fluctuate so much that it is unpredictable?

I have a pair of 9 1/2's, little over a year old and capable of squatting over 300x5. I'll sell them to you for $500... each.

I am also looking forward to buying these shoes, is there any size recommendation on them?
    Say I am a size 11, should I take a size 11 or are they naturally bigger/smaller then a normal shoe size?

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
    Why are they hard to keep in stock? Does the demand fluctuate so much that it is unpredictable?
    Because they sell out as soon as a shipment comes in, and supply has been a problem.

I will keep checking the Rogue site, thanks. I like the fact that they have a .5" rise instead of the popular .75", and priced well too. From what I've been reading sizes are comparable from what you normally wear, the only issue being width. I believe these were designed with width in mind though, so I'm going to order my usual 10.5" wide and hope it's a solid fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hc2Mike View Post
    I have a pair of 9 1/2's, little over a year old and capable of squatting over 300x5. I'll sell them to you for $500... each.
    You joke about shoes costing $500...

...But i was speaking to SAFE USA, in order to get some shoes that Rip wears (i wanted to get a pair since i wanted a shoe for life, and apprantly Rip has has his for 15 years or something).
    And they said they no longer make them since their was no demand for them.

I asked how much would it cost to get a one off pair made for me, and he replied "over $500"

I was willing to go up to $350, but $500 is too much.

Any other ideas on weightlifting shoes that last a lifetime?

starting strength coach development program
    They are great though. I was lucky as I was able to get two pairs during the one month I was in the US.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast