Just curious if anyone else has experienced this since it's a recurring theme for me.

I've been benching 2 months now, usually 2 or 3 times per week. This past Monday (it's now Friday), I went up on the weights and pulled it off. Celebrations for everyone. Nothing felt abnormal.

Wednesday, I did my overhead press and holy god, it was pathetic. There's working through discomfort and working through pain, and this was definitely the latter. Sides of my shoulders/lateral deltoids/etc. started burning HARD. The pain wasn't sharp like an injury, but the DOMS-feeling was incredible. Imagine being forced to run 10 miles after being completely out of shape; you'd get a ridiculous burn in your legs. It was like that. I went ahead and finished my OHP, but I dropped the weight as I missed the first set from the pain (and it should have been a straightforward set—I'd only gone up 2.5 pounds from last week).

It's now Friday, and just sitting in my chair before hitting the gym, I can do air bench press motions and that burn is definitely still there and kicking my ass. I still plan to go today and do deadlifts, but I'm really worried. The last time I was serious about weightlifting a few years back, my side delts becoming too painful and making me miss bench press sets is basically what discouraged me from keeping up my lifting. My shoulders have always been weak, though, and at 6'7" I have long arms that probably make form even more important. I've been doing as advised by SS with a halfway-shoulder angle that makes my forearms vertical.

Cursory Googling has suggested I'm lowering the bar too high on my chest (definitely a possibility), and could be suffering from my shoulders always being weak and struggling to catch up with my chest and triceps. Some have reported this leading to a rotator cuff injury. I definitely HAVE been pulling in my back, arching my chest, and flexing my lower kinetic chain, so bad lowering is probably the prime suspect.

I'm going to try:

1. Foam rolling/declaring war on my shoulder health
2. Form checking by making sure I lower the bar at nipples or a tiny bit lower, even
3. NOT benching today and maybe my first time next week to make sure this burn & possible tendinitis gets resolved first, since it's definitely not just regular muscle soreness

Should I lay off bench and try to do shoulder exercises again? Or do a bench reset? It's just depressing of course to be running into this issue only 2 months into the program, as continued problems with my squat form have made me feel like I'm always missing at least one of the lifts once a week to recover.

Thanks for any input.