starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Gold Standard Whey flavor?

Default Your favorite Gold Standard Whey flavor?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I just ran out of the my big tub of whey and need to get some more. The last one I had was Extreme Chocolate. It was just okay (my opinion of course). What flavors do you folks like/recommend?

I'm a rich chocolate/double chocolate whore. We'll ask and see what others like.

Vanilla Ice Cream and Cake Batter are legit. Cake batter is pretty sweet, though. (Bonus: mixed with plain greek yogurt and frozen for about 20 minutes...so good.)

I tried vanilla ice cream, double rich chocolate, caramel toffee fudge and chocolate malt. I'm on my 3rd big tub of chocolate malt. The toffee fudge was the worst...

Double Rich Chocolate, yes.

Cookies n' Cream myself... of course they were out yesterday so trying Vanilla Ice Cream for the first time. What else is everyone mixing it with besides the yogurt guy above? Straight up water? I've been using liquid egg whites for the past 6 mos or so, huge protein bonus so I dig it.

Water for mixing here. I wouldn't mix liquid egg whites with a protein shake, as you already have enough amino acids to maximize MPS without any additional protein load. This, of course, assumes you can hit your protein goal without using liquid egg whites in a protein shake.

Quote Originally Posted by bjbrookz View Post
    Cookies n' Cream myself... of course they were out yesterday so trying Vanilla Ice Cream for the first time. What else is everyone mixing it with besides the yogurt guy above? Straight up water? I've been using liquid egg whites for the past 6 mos or so, huge protein bonus so I dig it.
    I mix with water usually too. If I'm taking it in lieu of a meal, I add some heavy cream. Really makes the creamy/dessert flavors come to life IMO. If I needed more protein, I'd just add more powder, but that's just me.

I didnt know a cake batter one existed! that will be my next tub for sure. Usually I go with the extreme chocolate with milk and when my brother isnt looking a take some of his hersheys chocolate syrup and put that in there as well.

starting strength coach development program
    I ordered Rocky Road once by accident, and holy shit was it delicious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast