starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check

Default Squat check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024

2nd and 3rd sets i honestly think i have evetything down cept im still not shoving knees out hard enough

Also idk if others are like this but my set on everything is always the hardest then it gets easier and easier

Looks good. You would probably feel better with a slightly wider stance. Also, you don't have to squat so low. Cut it off by a couple inches and you'll find a stronger stretch reflex at the bottom. Notice how your back angle suddenly becomes more vertical at the bottom as your hips drop down (without the bar moving lower), it's not necessary. Yes it's pretty common for warmups to feel heavy and the first work set to feel heavy. For me the 2nd work set almost always feels the best.

Mike's got it here. I wouldn't chill for so long with the bar on my back in the middle of my set, but that's just me. Next rep feels harder when I'm chilling with 200+ lbs on my back.

Also I second the second set always feeling best. First set - Oh shit that's what I gotta work with?
    Second - I got the hang of this shit
    Third - K well fuck my arms are tired

You are going a little too deep and causing your knees to come forward slightly at the bottom. Stay tighter, don't go as low, and keep the knees in place. All else looks good.