starting strength gym

Thread: Strange Sensation in Patella when Squatting

Default Strange Sensation in Patella when Squatting

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Rip,

I've found previous posts describing this sensation in a muscle belly, but not in regards to the knee. I'm getting a strange sensation in my patella (both L & R) when I squat. Seems to be located at the bottom of the knee cap at the front of the knee. It hasn't been every time I've squatted, but infrequently in the past month. I'm a bit more concerned in that I felt it today on my light squatting day on the advanced novice program.

It feels like a slight tearing, and makes me think of a rope fraying. Not sure if this is paranoia on my part, or if this could be a prelude to an injury if unchecked. It's not painful, just disconcerting. I have had a dull ache in the same region occasionally, but nothing outside the normal creaks from training. Is this worrisome, or a fairly common twinge for those strength training?

I'm pretty confident in my form as I've had some feedback, but I can post a video if you think my form might have degenerated and be causing this. Greatly appreciate your thoughts.

27/male
    5'10" ~220 lbs

Last heavy worksets:3x5x385
    Today: 2x5x310

These kinds of subjective descriptions are hard to evaluate. All I can tell you is that if it starts to hurt, something is wrong, probably the result of knees-forward.