starting strength gym

Thread: The Truth -- Article by Jim Steel

Default The Truth -- Article by Jim Steel

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Our buddy Jim Steel, head S&C coordinator at Penn and fellow FOB, has an excellent article for you here: http://startingstrength.com/articles/truth_steel.pdf

Great article...good for motivation. One caveat...the Webster story after football is tragic from brain trauma & one that scares the shit out of me as a former lineman who got his head bashed in for many years. At least one doesn't get hit in the melon with lifting!

Excellent.

I was at the gym this morning & a guy did curls and abs for the whole 45 minutes I was training(power cleaning and benching).

I thought for a minute why the fuck doesn't he just train the primary lifts and a couple sets of curls's and situps? Oh yea, that would be hard.

Where does one get the Iron Mind tapes that Jim speaks of in his 4th axiom? I would be interested in hearing them.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Benthic View Post
    Where does one get the Iron Mind tapes that Jim speaks of in his 4th axiom? I would be interested in hearing them.

Brian
    Typing "iron mind" or "ironmind" into Google would be an excellent first step.

This is one of the best articles I've ever read. The message is so simple and somehow, so few people get it. Thank you for sharing this.

starting strength coach development program
    Great, great article.