starting strength gym

Thread: CAP Bumper Plates

Default CAP Bumper Plates

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    What do people think of CAP bumper plates? I know their bars suck, but I don't see much on their bumper plates. I have seen they are made by the same people has HiTemp, but who knows.

Thanks.

I have no experience with CAP bumpers. I personally don't like the Hi-Temp style bumper, but that's just me. I do have and prefer Rogue's competition ones. You could get their training line which would be similar quality, but cheaper. I also have some MDUSA Econ which I like, very solid, but a bit thick (compared to competition plates). I'll be ordering some bumpers from Rep Fitness (their elite ones), but I can't decide if it's smarter to order some Rogue indy stands first.

The reason I ask is I have an opportunity to get a 230 lb set plus bar for $250. I know the bar is crap. They are colored too.

For that price I'd jump on it. They may not be the best bumpers, but that's a steal. I've got cheap no-name bumpers and they've lasted 2 years with a ton of drops. And I paid more than $250.

By the way, not all Cap bars are garbage. Most of the ones that come in sets are, but be sure to check the product number on it because some of them are nice quality bars.

I have a few, and generally dislike them compared to my Yorks (they are fat, very bouncy, and all are underweight). Still, at that price with no shipping charges, they'd be hard to resist if I needed bumpers. If you know someone with a postal scale that can handle at least 45 pounds, I'd weigh them, as they can be off by a bit. Mine are 45s and they are all under by between 1 & 1.5 pounds (my Yorks are within a couple ounces of their stated weight, and a few are dead on, by comparison). I got one of those paint marker pens and numbered them. I keep a chart on the wall with how far they are off. It doesn't make much difference if you are only using one bumper, but it adds up if you get two or three on a side, and you might want to add a small plate or microweights to get closer to the weight you are intending to lift.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the replies. They are used, local, so no shipping. If I can get him to answer his damn email we would be in business.