Here are my stats: 17 years old
    Asian
    about 184lbs at 6'00
    Latest Lifts: Deadlift: 170lbsx5
    Squat: 160lbsx5x3
    Bench: 115lbsx5x3
    OHP: 70lbsx5x3
    can currently do 4 BW pullups

I started SS around November 2012 for about two months but ended up giving up as i couldnt see any progress and i was struggling through the weights. i know i was doing something wrong, however i had my 8 hours of sleep and i had 3 solid meals a day, usually eating till i was satisfied. When school started in 2013, my training just went downhill and my weights maintained the same for 2 months. i was also falling sick every month. Could this be due to the stress from school?

This time, i want to start fresh and i will not be giving up this time round! Here are some pictures. What is my estimated bodyfat %? if so, how much must i eat to see results? Im not afraid to get fat to become strong, but i want to know if i am fat now? or i can just maintain my weight to gain strength. i used to eat about 3 solid meals a day, with about a litre of milk spread throughout.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/img7225y.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/img7219bk.jpg/

Also, are there any tips to manage both studying and training?
    Thanks alot for the help guys!

Track your food. Myfitnesspal.com works. We don't always eat what we think we eat. Get a food scale and be diligent in your tracking, and make sure you hit the goals. Here is good place to get goals: http://thefitcoach.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/584/, if you aren't willing to GOMAD. That's GOMAD, by the way, not LOMAD.

As for stress and studying, the gym is a sacred place where stress goes away.

Good luck!

Gaining weight has a tendancy to get you stronger faster, but I don't think it's necessary for beginners who aren't pretty skinny. As a beginner you're more capable now than at any other time to recomposition (lose fat and gain muscle). Just eat healthy, avoid junk, and get lots of protein.

Except that he failed before.

you say '3 solid meals a day'. That's a very broad term. This could be cereal, sandwiches and pasta. Or it could be eggs, chicken and rice, and steak.

If it's the former, you are probably getting less than 100g of protein per day, including the milk, 1litre has around 30g protein.

You need to eat more, but you need to eat more of the right food. Aim for 200g of protein per day. Deload all of your lifts, and start the program again, and add weight progressively as outlined in the program. If you do this, you will make progress.

As for balancing training and studying, if you're making yourself sick from worry, you need to calm down. Make yourself a timetable of your week, include classes, study time, meals, and gym. If you do this you will be less worried about not having time, or falling behind etc.

In short, eat more. More protein, carbs and fats. At your weight if you hit 3000 calories a day with enough protein your lifts will improve, guaranteed.

Good luck.

If you're not gaining weight, you're not eating enough.

Thanks for all the replies and advice guys! So do i need to maintain my weight to ensure progress or do i need to gain weight?

If you haven't asked Jordan Feigenbaum this question, you should. If you have, do what he tells you.

Gain weight

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Shermonwilliam View Post
    Thanks for all the replies and advice guys! So do i need to maintain my weight to ensure progress or do i need to gain weight?
    Don't worry so much about gaining weight or maintaining weight. Concentrate on adding weight to the bar, and eating enough to keep doing so. Yes you will gain weight, but just concentrate on the bar. As long as the weight on the bar is increasing, you're succeeding.