starting strength gym

Thread: Testimony and shoes

Default Testimony and shoes

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Coach-
    Just would like to do as so many others have done and say thank you for the books and your online teachings. It has changed my life.

I have always been a skinny guy. When I played Texas football back in the 90's, I was a 120 lb guard. Believe that I was the smallest in Texas in 1990. Coaches tried like hell to make me grow, but the one thing we left out of the equation was the food. I never grew.

When I started lifting last March, I couldnt finish 3x5 at 135 on squats, 135 on bench, and I was so worn, I didnt even attempt deads. I kept at it...

I am 37 years old, have gone from 170 lbs to 200, and my weights are as follows

squat- 230
    deads- 310
    OHP- 135
    Bench- 185
    Clean- 155

I know that these numbers are not the biggest or greatest, but they are milestones to me. I look forward to continuing to get stronger. I will never forget how happy I was when I pulled 300 on deads or when I had finally loaded up with 4 45lb plates on the squats.

I got my Rogues in today and lifted with them for the first time- what a difference a pair of shoes make. I recommend to everyone to get some weight lifting shoes.

Once again- thank you sir

KWH

I tol' ya. Best money you guys will spend.

Hell yea- I recently bought a pair of the VS010's when my linear progression was stuck at 3*5@315lbs. With the shoes linear progression resumed and i am now at 3*5 @ 340lbs. Well spent money. The only shitty part is that they are kinda ugly - especially at the globo social scene.