starting strength gym

Thread: dead lift 275x5 check

Default dead lift 275x5 check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    cole dead lift 275x5 - YouTube

should i re-set everytime or keep my hands on the bar the whole time, or even use a bounce off the floor?

At first, I thought this was a troll. Really. I saw "Should I bounce my DLs?" and thought "Got dam, this is a troll. I am being TROLLED by someone asking about bouncing a DEAD lift off of the floor."

But, thank goodness, it looks like not, since you posted a video that clearly shows some decent straight-leg deadlifts - because you set up too close to the bar. The mid-foot, and where it is located (hint: the middle of the entire foot) is explained in excrutiating detail in the book. You may wish to review it. While reviewing, you may wish to re-read the DL set-up procedure, handily linked below, then put the bar over the mid-foot correctly, and pull an entire set of 5 (with your hands on the bar the entire time, because otherwise we have your video, which is 5 singles.

Deadlift starting Position Critique

yea your right they look like SL's. the book says midfoot is about an inch away from your shins so thats how i tried to set up, hence looking (and feeling)to close to the bar. also, im paraniod about not dropping my hips so that might be why im looking a little stiff. anyway look i really appreciate you taking the time to review my video and post feedback. this book and forum has helped me lots.

ps. i guess a better phrase would be "touch and go" not bounce, but you answered my question and i will keep my hands on the bar the whole set.

IIRC, the book says inch to inch-and-a-half, and that's a real inch to inch-and-a-half, not an Internet inch.