starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check

Default Squat Check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    6'2" 196 lbs. up from a frightening 160 lbs. or so. Feel free to ridicule me for my weight because I need it. This was my final set at 255 lbs. From what I see, I feel that I am a little high, especially on my final two reps. I also see that I seem to get the bar forward on a couple reps and turn them into good mornings. Please criticize. Appreciate any feedback. Have been doing the program seriously since around October. I am assuming that I probably need to get my body weight to at least 225 lbs. or more.

IMG 4004 - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Stay32 View Post
    6'2" 196 lbs. up from a frightening 160 lbs. or so. Feel free to ridicule me for my weight because I need it. This was my final set at 255 lbs. From what I see, I feel that I am a little high, especially on my final two reps. I also see that I seem to get the bar forward on a couple reps and turn them into good mornings. Please criticize. Appreciate any feedback. Have been doing the program seriously since around October. I am assuming that I probably need to get my body weight to at least 225 lbs. or more.

IMG 4004 - YouTube
    Your knees are going a little too far forward and you aren't getting quite deep enough. Reach back more with your butt, point your chest down and drive your knees out. Fix that and you should be golden.

Thanks. I think I was caving my chest before. Keeping my back angle steady, but pointing my chest down has definitely been a challenge for me.