starting strength gym

Thread: Coaches in Tampa, FL

Default Coaches in Tampa, FL

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello. Are there any coaches in the Tampa Bay area? I've used the coach locator but have only found two and they are 4 -5 hours away by driving.

Quote Originally Posted by petram View Post
    Hello. Are there any coaches in the Tampa Bay area? I've used the coach locator but have only found two and they are 4 -5 hours away by driving.
    Alas, not that I know of. We are working on expanding our reach, but it is a difficult test to pass and not many do. We'll see if anyone has a recommendation close to you.

Quote Originally Posted by petram View Post
    If you're willing to drive 2 hours from Tampa...check out Mike Manning over at Harbor City CrossFit in Melbourne, FL. He uses the SS Method. Here is Mark's personal endorsement: Harbor City CrossFit » MARK RIPPETOE

(Hint: Mark Rippetoe thanks "Mike and Donna Manning" in the list of people at the end of the SS 3rd Ed Preface. In 2014, I asked Mark about Mike; and Mark holds a very high opinion of him.)

I would love to become an SS coach to serve the Central FL and South FL areas - but with an engineering job that requires 60-70 hours per week and a wife and 2 kids (one with medical problems), I can barely get my own workouts in....the process of becoming a coach is so demanding that there is no way I could pursue it at this time in my life....<sigh>.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Alas, not that I know of. We are working on expanding our reach, but it is a difficult test to pass and not many do. We'll see if anyone has a recommendation close to you.
    Thanks Coach Tom. I just completed my 2nd week of Starting Strength and have devoured the book, but some in person practical assistance coaching tips would be greatly appreciated. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Regards,

In FL, you've got Sean Herbison in Panama City and me in Jacksonville (Atlantic Beach)...I routinely have clients drive in from Southern GA that are closer to me than to Atlanta.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by kapatterson83 View Post
    If you're willing to drive 2 hours from Tampa...check out Mike Manning over at Harbor City CrossFit in Melbourne, FL. He uses the SS Method. Here is Mark's personal endorsement: Harbor City CrossFit » MARK RIPPETOE

(Hint: Mark Rippetoe thanks "Mike and Donna Manning" in the list of people at the end of the SS 3rd Ed Preface. In 2014, I asked Mark about Mike; and Mark holds a very high opinion of him.)
    Thanks for this. I'm in Clearwater, just over the bridge from Tampa, and was thinking the same thing as OP.