Thread: Power Snatch form check

Default Power Snatch form check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Power Snatch 125x2 - YouTube

125x2 (5 sets)

Complete novice when it comes to snatches lol

First, find a way to get the bar the correct height off of the floor, as if you were using full size plates.

Second, SS teaches a higher hip position/bar over midfoot setup for the olympic lifts. Fix the above before attempting this.

Lastly, from what I can see from the side, you have a bit of an arm pull, or a "hip clean" snatch motion going on. Keep the arms straight true triple extension.

Other than that, they looked light.

Ok, totally see the arm pull. I've been very cautious with loading since I don't want to bail out, drop the bar and damage it. I think I can graduate to 135 next session, so that should set the bar in proper height.

Thank you!

Watch the bar path. It's a bit too far away from you when you are at full extension, and with a heavier weight you might loop it over your head and lose it behind you. Get used to actively shrugging with your traps to keep that bar close to your chest and the bar path straight.

Hello,

on top of all of the above, keep your shoulders over the bar for longer (in the video: further to the right). You start with your shoulders directly above the bar (because of the very low hip start), and when you are about to explode they are already way behind it (in the video: more to the left than the bar). The pronounced bump in the bar path comes (also) from this.

Hope this helps,

IPB