starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Critique

Default Squat Form Critique

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Calling on the Form Police to clap me in irons for my crimes against the squat. Be gentle people, my ego is fragile.

SS W10 2 28 2017 - YouTube

Tried to provide another angle but I fucked up the position so it was worthless footage. The first set shown is my first set done and the second set shown is my last set.
    Last edited by Tom Wheatley; 02-28-2017 at 05:41 PM.

These angles are useless for adequately critiquing form.

Please shoot from a 45 degree oblique from behind at hip height.

There's something wrong with your stance and you look far too vertical. But it's hard to verify with this poor angle.

Will try to get a better angle.

Understood. I believe you are hands down correct about the back angle though. It took someone else to mention it for me to see it. I notice that squatting the way I have been always leads me to doing goodmornings when I am near failure. Next time I will make a conceded effort to bend over more and not film like a jackass. I appreciate the feedback you were able to give.

Sorry for Thread Hijack -

Hey JoeJ - When are you going to get your SSC cred?! Your form critiques are always spot on. I live in Chicago but my employer has a factory in Chilton that I go to once or twice a year. I always stay in Appleton when I do. So would be awesome to have an SSC to train with or even get tips on a good gym.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by entering40strongerthan20 View Post
    Sorry for Thread Hijack -

Hey JoeJ - When are you going to get your SSC cred?! Your form critiques are always spot on. I live in Chicago but my employer has a factory in Chilton that I go to once or twice a year. I always stay in Appleton when I do. So would be awesome to have an SSC to train with or even get tips on a good gym.
    I'm trying to think what factories are in Chilton. Haha. Worthington Cylinder?

I appreciate the kind words. I will be attending the May Seminar. I plan on being evaluated for SSC consideration. The gym I train at is by far the best gym in Appleton. I'm pretty sure the only one that allows chalk.