starting strength gym

Thread: training while out of town?

Default training while out of town?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    So I have a trip coming up to Chicago for a cram course the first weekend in April. I leave early Thursday AM and don't get back until Sunday night.

Currently I work out Thursday, Saturday, Monday. Even if i switch up my schedule, that really only gives me Wednesday before I leave to get in a lift.

I know that missing a couple workouts isn't horrible, but it can affect progress slightly.

I'll be in a hotel in the middle of downtown chicago.

I guess my only options for getting in a workout will be met-con bodyweight type stuff, and maybe some DB work in tiny their fitness center.

Any thoughts?

CALLING ALL CHICAGOAN/CHICAGAN/CHICAGOITE/CHICAGITE/CHICAGI PEOPLE:

Can tweakxc03 come and train/chill with you and shit?

I too travel for work pretty regularly. When I hit the road, I'll rearrange my weekly workout schedule a bit so as to minimize the number of workouts I have to get in while on the road. So M,W,F may become T,TH,Sa. Then I do a little looking around on the internet and find a globo-gym franchise (usually a Golds) near my hotel. I call in advance to ensure that they will sell me a daily workout pass, and so far no one has turned me down. In fact, on several occasions, they just wave me in and don't charge me. The passes are usually only $10 or so.

It's not perfect, but it beats missing a workout, or working out in the crappy hotel gym.

Brian

haha thanks