starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seminar seat for sale

Default Seminar seat for sale

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I have a seminar seat for sale. It was one I bought for July of 2015, and I had a conflict come up. The transfer will expire in July of 2016, and none of the upcoming seminars are gonna work.

PM me if you're interested in a discounted seminar seat. I paid 845.....I'll let this go for 650.

The upcoming seminars are:

Houston, TX — March 11-13
    Brooklyn, NY — April 8-10
    Westminster, MD — May 6-8
    Wichita Falls, TX — June 10-12
    Gig Harbor, WA — July 15-17

Quote Originally Posted by JAM View Post
    I have a seminar seat for sale. It was one I bought for July of 2015, and I had a conflict come up. The transfer will expire in July of 2016, and none of the upcoming seminars are gonna work.

PM me if you're interested in a discounted seminar seat. I paid 845.....I'll let this go for 650.

The upcoming seminars are:

Houston, TX — March 11-13
    Brooklyn, NY — April 8-10
    Westminster, MD — May 6-8
    Wichita Falls, TX — June 10-12
    Gig Harbor, WA — July 15-17
    Or best offer.

Have you tried scalping it outside the event?
    Wait. If you could do that, you could go. Never mind.

I'm interested but not sure if the schedule works. Let me check with my wife.

I never knew how pricey these seminars are.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    I never knew how pricey these seminars are.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Honestly, they're fairly priced when you compare them to other 3-day seminars. Moreover, Rip is usually there as the SME on SS, as opposed to a Level III leading a Level I cert just because they're close by.

Have you priced up an XFit, NASM, or USAW seminar? I'll note that the USAW is a decent deal considering you actually do lifts and get coaching more than hear just hear words, like Rip's seminars. The per hour cost is about the same between the SSC and the USAW, but again, with Rip's SSC seminar, Rip is typically there. USAW is whoever shows up, not saying this is good or bad, just an unknown.

Have you priced up a Layne Norton or Ed Coan seminar? Maybe a little cheaper per hour, but with the time allotted for these, it's not likely you'll be getting practical advice, just theory and anecdote. That is, it's lecture based.

For the price JAM is letting it go for, it's a pretty good deal. But yeah, getting people to coach you in the flesh is not a cheap proposition. Hell, people pay similar money to learn about how crystals and dolphin worship will make their lives better.
    For 3 days that's not bad. I've never been to any kind of training seminar.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    For 3 days that's not bad. I've never been to any kind of training seminar.
    Worth every penny.

In watching me squat 1 set of 5, Rip gave me better corrections than YEARS of reading, research, videos, online form checks, etc. Yeah, it's well worth the $$, especially when you account that you're getting 27+ hours of top-notch instruction from Rip and Staff. Anybody who says the Seminar is overpriced, I suspect has not actually attended one. Plus, for anyone who enjoys helping others learn about this or with aspirations to be a coach, the coaching model they teach you is so concise and perfected, how to approach coaching each lift from the ground up.

Honestly, with the way these fill up, and being the only quality strength training seminar out there, I'm surprised they don't charge more than they do.

I've been to 3 now. After the first 2, I was all gaga over Rip's coaching ability.

After the 3rd, I was gaga over Steph's planning & process genius. The seminar is incredibly well-structured (Aasgaard small business consulting & process engineering would do quite well, I reckon).,

Anyway, it's hard to separate content from structure, but no seminar (in any field) I've been to is close in terms of overall quality. Even if other famous dudes can match Rippetoe's content/experience, there's no fucking way it'll be packaged as well. I suspect most fitness seminars are clusterfucks in comparison.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Rip also takes #selfies with you at the end.
    Also true. Worth it for the selfies alone, especially if he plays a little grab-ass while the photo is being taken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast