starting strength gym

Thread: Fat Feet

Default Fat Feet

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I've had the Romeleo 2s for a couple of months, I've been lifting for 3 months, and last week I went to put on some dress shoes that I've had for years and they felt uncomfortably narrow. I still wore them with the thinnest pair of dress socks but my feet have definitely widened. I'm also packing almost 20# extra body weight gained over last couple months.

I never really cinched the straps down tightly before I noticed that, but the last few times I put all my weight on the foot, & then fasten the strap fairly tight. Before this, I considered the footbed the most important part and just barely tightened the strap

I've been lifting 3 years, wear Romaleos 2, and my feet have not widened.

All I know is that I have 8 pairs of expensive dress shoes that I can barely wear anymore, and that this little phenomenon has become increasingly more evident the heavier I've become and the heavier the weight on the bar has become. Don't ask me why or how or if it is even any causation involved in this, or merely a correlation, but it annoys me, hurts my feet, and will eventually obliterate my wallet.

How tight does everyone secure their shoe straps? I suppose I'll do what I just started doing (put weight on the foot & then fasten the velcro strap comfortably tight).

I've always put on my lifting shoes (Do Wins, Romaleos) super tight. Tight enough that I'm excited to take them off when I'm done squatting.