starting strength gym

Thread: Gotta Say Thanks

Default Gotta Say Thanks

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Just wanted to give a quick testimonial. Im 23 5'11" 228 lbs. I had been crossfitting for about 6 months straight and decided I wanted to put on some serious strength and muscle. So I tried SS as prescribed. Did the workouts exactly as written with the best form that I could master without formal training. I ate everthing I could get my hands on plus GOMAD. I began this endeavor on 12/12/08 and as of today (11 days later) I am 14 lbs heavier. My wife is PISSED because this Sunday my nice church suit wouldnt fit. The collar on the shirt wouldnt even touch. (I pretended to be upset but inside I was jumpin up and down). More importantly my strength gains have been awesome. My squat has increased from 250x5 to 293x5 (and still climbing, I got the 293 easily and cant wait to break 300 tomorrow night). I started the program by myself in my garage. Last night I had four people that I work with coming over because they wanted to work out with me. They could tell a huge difference in my physique and wanted to know what my standard answer of "milk and squats" was all about. I could go on and on but basically I just wanted to say thanks to Mark Rippetoe. Mark I know that you are already aware of the effectiveness of your program, but I have never tried any program with such amazing and dramatic results immedietly. Its so easy to stay motivated when you can literally see yourself getting stronger. Im very excited about the next few months.
    Again, thanks Coach Rip for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us slobs.
    Everyone else out there DRINK YOUR MILK AND DO YOUR SQUATS.

You're welcome, but really, all I did was write the program down. Those of you that actually follow it are the guys that get the kudos.