starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lifting with gunshot wound.

Default Lifting with gunshot wound.

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Monday a half-centimeter in diameter fragment of an AR15 round was introduced to my right outer quad muscle about 3 inches above the knee, where it will evidently reside near my femur for the rest of my days. Yipee. The pain is pretty much a low ache when moving and I have full mobility. Walking and very slow air squats are tolerable.

Any thoughts on deadlifting 72 hours after a gunshot wound? Obviously there is a 2 inch deep hole in the muscle and some muscle fibers are torn and compromised.

My family doctor said it is probably okay to lift and to stop if it hurts, the ER doc whipped out the usual wait 1-2 weeks boilerplate reply.

My plan is to treat it like a first workout and just work up from 65lbs in 10lbs jumps until my leg says stop or I reach my scheduled goal lift (190lbs) whichever comes first.

I am 52 years old, about 200 lbs (up from 190 having added muscle and fat since upping my calories and protein). Started lifting in earnest mid January. Bench 150, press 105, deadlift 190, Squat 117.5.

My log as a google spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/a/lecroixwor...it?usp=sharing

Lesson learned. Do not eat a cheeseburger* on the way to the emergency room. They will put painkillers in your iv even if you tell them you don't need it. Then you will throw up said cheeseburger. (*lunch had just arrived before I got shot and it was a 50 minute ride to the nearest emergency room, I was hungry)

Thanks in advance for any information.
    X-rayBlurred-sm.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

These are some cool pictures. It's too bad they blurred your weiner/vag though. That would've been entertaining.

If it was me, I would do exactly what you described. Gunshot wound sounds way more serious than bullet fragment wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    These are some cool pictures. It's too bad they blurred your weiner/vag though. That would've been entertaining.

It's posts like these that make it all worthwhile.

You should stop letting Dick Cheney spot you on squats man.

Damn it, Fuzzy. Tell us what happened.

How the hell did you end up down range of a rifle muzzle?

Can't comment without a Throckmorton sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    LOL, I did the blurring, really thought my first post should not be a dick pic. Texted a zoomed in full-frontal version to my wife with the message "Don't say I never sent you a dick pic."

Thanks for the vote of confidence for my methodology. We will see how it goes tomorrow.

The production company sent me a get-well card and a box of chocolates today. So if you are really hot to see an x-ray of my junk, send a box of sweets.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ud2o View Post
    Damn it, Fuzzy. Tell us what happened.
    Corn liquor happened. If he was from Texas, I'd blame tequila.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast