starting strength gym

Thread: Thought on LP

Default Thought on LP

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I've been doing a modified TM (a consult with Andy Baker) and am past the novice LP stage but was wondering about something. Referring to your quote - "you don't get stronger from lifting weights, you get stronger by recovering from lifting weights."

There comes a point when LP gains keep stalling in spite of eating, sleeping, and applying LP properly. So, it would seem that as strength has increased, we exceed our ability to recover sufficiently. What if a person were to stay on LP, but added an extra rest day between workouts? Could that possibly allow someone to remain on LP for a few more months?

Possibly, but not months.

I've managed to add like 40lbs to my squats since I had to stop doing 3x5 in the past 2 months by doing my own tweaked version of LP

I add 2.5kg / 5lbs every time I squat (which is every other workout in a 3DAW - alternated with deadlifts) and went from 1x5 to 1x3 with a back off set, reset and am now back at 1x5 and increasing. It's like having 3 TM intensity days every 2 weeks