starting strength gym

Thread: Geezer Adjustable Bench

Default Geezer Adjustable Bench

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Looking to pick up an adjustable bench to do some dumbbell work. As with my most things I’m torn between what I really need and what my Walter Mitty alter ego can lift and needs.

Favorites from this list? Total Rejections, additions?

I’m drawn to the Valor bench just because it’s “different”

Rep Adjustable Bench - 1000 lb Capacity - Flat/Incline/Decline – FID - $319 free shipping
    Amazon.com : Rep Adjustable Bench - 1000 lb Capacity - Flat/Incline/Decline - FID : Sports & Outdoors

XMark 11-Gauge FID Flat Incline Decline Bench XM-7472 (Gray or White) - $293 free shipping
    There are a lot of different versions very similar to this bench, XM-7629, XM-7604 most of them look pretty much the same.
    Amazon.com : XMark 11-Gauge (FID) Flat Incline Decline Bench XM-7472 : Adjustable Weight Benches : Sports & Outdoors

Valor Fitness DD-11 High Tech Adjustable Utility Bench - $271.90 free shipping
    This one is very interesting in the seat is “fixed” so you’ll never have a gap.
    Amazon.com : Valor Fitness DD-11 High Tech Adjustable Utility Bench : Weight Benches : Sports & Outdoors

A local guy has a couple used Precor Icarian Adjustable 0-90 ‏Super Bench for around $489 but that’s a big jump in price.
    He also has two Nautilus 0-90 Adjustable Benches‏ for $349 each, if I knew more about them that might be the sweet spot/good deal.
    Magnum 0-90 Adjustable Bench Flat to Incline‏ for $389 never heard of this brand.
    The dudes site is here…. http://www.fitnessequipmentempire.com

Alternatively: Craigslist typically will have lots of adjustable benches for sale, and for $300 you usually get a set of weights along with the bench. For $600 you can get a full cage, weights, and adjustable bench. I sold my set 3 months ago and supersized to a Rogue squat stand and bench.
    In Texas we have a chain of sporting goods resale shops called "Play it Again Sports" where you can find adjustable benches for less than $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestafter60 View Post
    Alternatively: Craigslist typically will have lots of adjustable benches for sale, and for $300 you usually get a set of weights along with the bench. For $600 you can get a full cage, weights, and adjustable bench. I sold my set 3 months ago and supersized to a Rogue squat stand and bench.
    In Texas we have a chain of sporting goods resale shops called "Play it Again Sports" where you can find adjustable benches for less than $100.
    Play It Again Sports around here has junk. There are three of them in driving distance. I've checked Craiglist for several months sadly nothing worth buying. I'm looking for a balance between budget and quality, if it's under $100 at Play It Again I'm most likely not interested in it.

I've had my eye on the Rep Adjustable Bench as I would want a back cushion width that matches my Rogue flat bench which is 11-1/2". Anything narrower and it is impossible to set and keep the scapula retraction that I want. However, the back cushion widths on the others you list might work. I would not want anything less than 11" wide.

Quote Originally Posted by keeptryn View Post
    I've had my eye on the Rep Adjustable Bench as I would want a back cushion width that matches my Rogue flat bench which is 11-1/2". Anything narrower and it is impossible to set and keep the scapula retraction that I want. However, the back cushion widths on the others you list might work. I would not want anything less than 11" wide.
    Yep I think at the end of the day if I can't decide the Rep bench is my fall back.

I'd be interested in Cody's thoughts on this one if I were shopping for a budget adjustable bench:

Amazon.com : Dlx HD Flat Incline Shoulder Power Rack FID Bench 17" High 900 lb Cap. : Sports & Outdoors

starting strength coach development program
    Seeing all of the different designs and price points makes me miss my China days. Everything on the market could be built for $100 to $150 USD.

Business to business website (Zoro, discount site owned by Grainger),

Life Fitness Multi Purpose Workout Bench, 125 lb, 17inH SMAB | Zoro.com

Export company….

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...0.0.QaHLgO&s=p

Possible factory….

??????????_??????,???,???,???,????,???,???????

Who wants to go into business with me?