starting strength gym

Thread: Bench Press Form Check Follow Up

Default Bench Press Form Check Follow Up

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Here is my original form at 135 lbs http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=44929

Here is my form now at 150 lbs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2oKNKUq-rs

I have really tried to focus on getting tighter under the bar by retracting my scapula's together. Let me know what still needs to be addressed. I have started to get some right shoulder discomfort when I started trying to get tighter under the bar. Thanks.

You're racking and unracking from really far away. That might be causing some shoulder discomfort. And when you say "get tighter under the bar," I read that to mean you unrack the bar, then try to get tight. You need to set your shoulders, back, legs, etc... before you unrack the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkoutNick View Post
    You're racking and unracking from really far away. That might be causing some shoulder discomfort. And when you say "get tighter under the bar," I read that to mean you unrack the bar, then try to get tight. You need to set your shoulders, back, legs, etc... before you unrack the bar.
    Should I move higher up the bench then? I thought I was looking at the right spot (just in front of the bar) like the book said. I had tried to get tight before I unracked the bar not after.

You've got an inch or so to spare. I would move as close as you can so the bar has to travel as little as possible horizontally.