starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clean form check please

Default Clean form check please

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    sorry for the quality. i can't bring my camera due to the fact that i'm not too fond of the people and some guy might run away with my camera while doing some squats. and sorry for the angle because this shithole is waaay too crowded.

i'll try to get a better vid next time.

i felt the bar jumped way too forward on the 3rd rep.

again sorry for the stoopid quality hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post
    sorry for the quality. i can't bring my camera due to the fact that i'm not too fond of the people and some guy might run away with my camera while doing some squats. and sorry for the angle because this shithole is waaay too crowded.

i'll try to get a better vid next time.

i felt the bar jumped way too forward on the 3rd rep.

again sorry for the stoopid quality hahahah
    I can't see if you are getting full extension due to the angle (plates in the way). However, you need to get set before pulling - your hips never stop moving here. It doesn't look bad, but you are courting form errors by not getting firmly set in a starting position.

Next time, shoot the vid from a quarter angle at about hip level, and make sure you can see the bar in the rack position as well. hahahah

ok. from what you see does it look bad or i could do worse?

and are my shoulders over the bar enough at set up?

next time i'll try to be less eager mcbeavery and set up more. plus my girlfriend's gonna watch me train so i can have someone filming me.

it looks ok from here fwiw from the vid.

Your hips are too low, resulting in the shoulders being over the bar instead of in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by skills101 View Post
    Your hips are too low, resulting in the shoulders being over the bar instead of in front of them.
    I would add, that to Greg C's point, this is because your set-up is poor. As Greg C points out, you need to be more deliberate about it.

Looks like you could try to get a bit more extention before the elbows start racking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja666 View Post
    Looks like you could try to get a bit more extention before the elbows start racking.
    I'd like to know what you are able to see to base this on. I am NOT trying to start a fight. I just want to know what specifically you are seeing that I missed here. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    I'd like to know what you are able to see to base this on. I am NOT trying to start a fight. I just want to know what specifically you are seeing that I missed here. Thanks.
    It just looked to me like his hips weren't fully extending and his arms were picking up some of the slack. Tough to tell with a grainy and low-fps video, though.

This working weight seems too light for him also, so that might be creating some kind of illusion.

starting strength coach development program
    all of your points coincide with what my errors are to my opinion. i'll post a new vid tomorrow with assurance of a better camera angle. not sure about the quality though.

and my hips are too low because of my shitty anthropometry. i subconsciously want a more vertical back angle that i compensate with poor set up. i think when my shoulders are over the bar my back angle is about 10degrees above horizontal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast