starting strength gym

Thread: Press Intensity Day Question

Default Press Intensity Day Question

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey Andy, the holidays kind of fucked my programming. I was out of town, didn't have fractionals so rather than going for 167.5 for 2x3 (I barely got 165 for 1x5 last time), I went for 170. I ended up barely getting 1x3, then 1x1 for my second set.

Question is, do I reattempt 170 this week, or drop back to 167.5? I have been crushing my volume days. 152.5 for 5x5 today was only difficult on the very last rep of the last set.

I know this is probably a stupid question but I tend to get buried in the details on this type of thing.

Retry 167.5 for triples across. Do you enjoy programming from an excel spreadsheet?

i actually DO have an excel spreadsheet... with my future training sessions forecasted out 10weeks... that i update just about every day.... and i have a second log on this site. something about telling myself i'm going to hit a certain weight enough times seems to make it more likely that it will happen, although i fucked my hamstring with a light strain last week power cleaning which has totally screwed up my projections temporarily.

i'm a forecast analyst for work, soooo you get the idea.

Yep, I know your type well. No worries, the world needs people like you. :-)