starting strength gym

Thread: Prowler Work on Saturdays.

Default Prowler Work on Saturdays.

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    hey guys, just wondering what you think is a good way to introduce prowler work on Saturdays when currently doing a four day split intermediate program?Of course, without causing too much harm to Mondays volume squats.

I have a 15m sled track and a basic prowler. Have not really done any conditioning of any sort in a long time.

Goals with it at this stage, would just be some decent conditioning. No sport or anything in particular to train for.

Thanks!

On this site under the RESOURCES tab you will find ARTICLES. Matt Reynolds has one titled Death By Prowler. It’s probably the best guide to programming the prowler I’ve seen. It compiles examples from Joe Defranco, Strong Gym, Juggernaut and just good old common sense. You’ll be able to find something there.
    When in doubt, keep it simple and short. If you are working hard enough on a 4-day intermediate program you’ll usually want to rest over the weekend. The prowler can also be used to push blood, aiding in recovery, but I digress. There’s just too much information to be covered here. The article will give you your answer. Hope this helps.

Just read that now, awesome stuff. Thanks for your reply.

I've started doing 2x week prowler work on my non-lifting days -- and while it makes me sleepy, tired, and hungry it doesn't affect my squats the next day at all. My upper body is most tired from it if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1 View Post
    I've started doing 2x week prowler work on my non-lifting days -- and while it makes me sleepy, tired, and hungry it doesn't affect my squats the next day at all. My upper body is most tired from it if anything.
    Yeah, I've noticed that it mostly tires out my lats. I push the prowler with my arms tucked by my lats and with a more vertical back. No problems benching on Sunday if I push on Saturday, though.

Last week due to time constraints I substituted 50' prowler pushes with ~260 for TM light day. Come Friday, I felt much better than I usually do.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1 View Post
    Same here. I actually think it is helping my squats the next day. I do 20 second sprint, 1:40 rest, repeat.