starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength, Phase 1

Default Starting Strength, Phase 1

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I'm 2 weeks into SS, starting from a cubicle jockey that occasionally did pushups and Pullups. 35years, 6' 175lbs, My Squat and Deadlift are really low(95lbs & 110lbs), should i keep doing the deadlift every session for 4 weeks? Phase 1 says 1-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Eat more.
    Especially this. I'm aiming for 175 and I'm 5'7 if I stand up REALLY straight. You're a skinny little thing. Don't be.

Quote Originally Posted by scotch-wegian View Post
    i. 35years, 6' 175lbs,
    gomad.

In general, keep doing the same programming until it stops working. When it stops working, slightly tweak the programming to accommodate some extra recovery time.

I was told to switch to power cleans before I stalled out. Of course, I was 5 weeks into the program already, and you're only 2 weeks. Also, you should be increasing your deadlift faster than your squat as well. You'll want your deadlift to be a bit ahead of your squat when you start alternating the deadlift and power clean.

Thanks for the Answers guys. Since Saturday I've been drinking 1/2 to 3/4 of a gallon of milk a day. Today will be my first day of a full gallon. Squat is now 105, Deadlift 125.

Scotchie scotch scotch.

You are 35. GOMAD is probably not the best option here. Keep an eye on your food intake, though, and make sure you are getting adequate calories to fuel progress without gaining a shitload of fat. Look on Jordan's website Barbell Medicine and read his article "To Be a Beast".

Quote Originally Posted by Str8shutr View Post
    You are 35. GOMAD is probably not the best option here.
    I disagree. 60 gallons of milk over the next two months will not be something he regrets.

Mmmmkay. I disagree with YOU. I think the more intelligent option is to start good habits now. Scotchie needs to figure out what the best macros are for HIM. Adding a gallon a day is not a very good way to add muscle when a person is 35 and not highly active. A gallon a day is good for a 16 year old kid with a raging metabolism and hormones.

Speaking of - how do you make a hormone?

Don't pay her.

starting strength coach development program
    lol

I'm not skinny fat, I'm just skinny. If it takes me being a fattie to stop being weaker then I'll do it. Trust me, I won't have a problem losing the weight in 3-9 months.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast