starting strength gym

Thread: Questions on programing !

Exclamation Questions on programing !

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Thoughts assistance lifts ex: chins, dips , rows, neck extension, shrugs. Can we program them or do we lay off? if so how much volume. Thanks

Decided to just wipe the slate clean and focus on strength. Was on and off Wendler 5/3/1 and WS4sb but just love the idea of a full body approach and want to stick to a program for a long time. I decided to use the Novice Starting strength Program but just want to know if and when to implement assistance lifts. Dropping all my "working weight" 25 lbs to clean up my form.Thank you SS army

Quote Originally Posted by Richieavella721 View Post
    Thoughts assistance lifts ex: chins, dips , rows, neck extension, shrugs. Can we program them or do we lay off? if so how much volume. Thanks

Decided to just wipe the slate clean and focus on strength. Was on and off Wendler 5/3/1 and WS4sb but just love the idea of a full body approach and want to stick to a program for a long time. I decided to use the Novice Starting strength Program but just want to know if and when to implement assistance lifts. Dropping all my "working weight" 25 lbs to clean up my form.Thank you SS army
    Didn't like the answers you got in the thread in Repetitive Inquiries?

You could do chins and neck shit right away. I don't see a need for the other stuff for years.

I love minimalist programming. Reminds me of sushi...if the primary ingredients are exceptional, no need for all the extra crap.

No Adam I Appreciate your reply and love the input of all the members and coaches but I just want to be pointed in the right direction, I have programming ADHD lol and don't want to be wasting my time doing or not doing the correct program/ movements. Hard concept going from programs with a lot of assistance to one with near none but I want to really focus on strength and stick with a program but want to make sure it is well rounded , I'm not sure if I am a Novice or not I have move heavy weight be 265 bench ect. and can do 15 chins and am in good shape but want to gain more strength ! Thanks , Again

hah I like that analogy no fluff