starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check, please

Default Squat form check, please

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    First time posting here, hopefully the set is not too horrible. Thanks in advance.

http://youtu.be/3nLlVfjkRXQ

GoPro footage is tough to evaluate because of the significant lens distortion they impart. It looks like you are above parallel and that your stance is too wide. Narrow your stance, go deeper, and don't pause at the bottom. Just come right back up.

Much appreciated. I'll look into getting a better camera in the future, I only have the GoPro at the moment. I'm using the pause to make sure I'm done descending and not intentionally cutting the squat high, I'll get rid of it as soon as my mechanics are otherwise approved.

Here is this week's heavy set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_S0pCFY0c8 - brought my feet in (what felt like a lot), went as low as the belt allows me to, it did feel deeper at the hips. Does it look any better?

I don't know that stopping at the bottom is any better for getting full depth than not stopping. I have faith that there is no need to do paused squats for you at the moment. I think you are getting deep enough, but, once again, the video is distorted to hell and back by your GoPro. Anything I tell you is a guess. You may need to push your knees out more. That's all I got.

You can remove the fisheye effect in gopro studio, just check the advanced settings when editing the video, easy peasy